The Big Picture:
DigiSay is the biggest MCN (Multi-Channel Network) in Egypt and the 3rd largest in the Middle East. Right now we are transforming ourselves into a digital media company (including: production, marketing and distribution of digital media). Our overall objective is to become the biggest digital media company in the EMEA region.
We are a content network that has been pioneering and evolving in the content distribution space for our partners since 2011. As an integrated content distribution network we are continuously evolving our offering and our team with a firm belief that diversity of talent delivers diversity of ideas and values.
We are privileged to partner with a group of content partners and platforms that are considered household brands both local and global, including: YouTube, Facebook, Anghami and a variety of TV networks, production companies, artists and online creators.
This position is at Mangos24 (https://Mangos24.com/) which is part of DigiSay’s group.
Mangos24 is a communication agency that is totally built on IDEAS.
We deliver ideas that solve business and communication issues and fly in different directions and channels. Our team is structured based on a project management philosophy and functions to deliver Big Ideas with execution solutions whether through in-house capabilities or outsourced talents to “make it happen” on the ground and deliver results.
About The Role:
The Art Director is responsible for overseeing the visual images and styles of designs for several outlets, like booths, banners, printings, giveaways, 3D max or other media forms. His/her duties typically include deciding which art piece or graphics to include in the material, establishing the overall look for a campaign or media piece and approving designs or artwork pitched to them for the final product.
- 4+ years of experience in an Art Director or Senior Designer role with a management component and 8+ years in creative/design field or production design experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Fine Art, Advertising, or related
- Proficiency in a variety of digital marketing tools and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Agency experience is not necessary but a strongly preferred
- Fluent in the standard software packages in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere Pro or equivalent) as well as AutoCad and 3D Studio.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work through tough problems
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Organized. Able to keep art files properly managed
- Ability to strategically interface and brainstorm with other teammates regarding the visual display of information; Ability to grasp the substance of business issues being communicated and then re-articulate visual options that enhance and clarify audience understanding.
- Ability to communicate across levels of an organization, including with executives and other senior-level officers
- Proven leadership skills and a talent for providing effective feedback and direction
- Exercise judgment and project management skills to balance priorities and communicate to teams to meet and exceed project deadlines and commitments.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to manage time and take initiative in a fast-paced environment
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a clear understanding of shape language, drawing fundamentals, and knowledge of color, value and form.
- Design event space to best represent art concepts.
- Choose which art pieces to display.
- Work with clients to best determine how to represent their vision.
- Prepare budgets and schedules for events and presentations.
- Create layouts and designs for print publications.
- Direct creation of artwork used on websites and other online media.
- Concept and create brand and campaign communications
- Navigate multiple deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Participate in Mangos24 meetings and outings; be a vital member of an integrated team
- Develop, lead, and manage the overall look and feel of the client's brand, owning the progression of voice/tone of all creative content
- Manage all creative content development from start to finish and work closely with the web team to ensure content is optimized for performance
- Work closely with the overall marketing team and IT department to ensure that web infrastructure supports brand messaging, content, and product promotion goals
- Use collaboration and creativity to develop unique, compelling, and positive creative campaigns.
- Execute and direct high-quality creative work across diverse channels, including deliverables developed for print, digital, social, audio, video and events.
- Develop and present creative assets to clients.
- Work with team members to make sure all projects meet client objectives and budgetary guidelines.
- Keep team members briefed on creative projects; drive collaboration; ensure productivity.
- Communicate effectively and professionally internally and externally; foster a positive team atmosphere.
- Establish visual targets for the art team.
- Create implementation strategies to achieve aesthetic goals.
- Utilize proven art skills and experience to create and implement new projects
- Provide specific visual feedback throughout the stages of production to completion.
- Supervise the production process from a technical POV and make sure the final product is in line with the approved creative elements shared with the client
- Maintain style and art direction to ensure visual consistency
- Contribute to the conceptual development process and content production effort by making high quality artwork. Could include: banners, booths, 3d max or other material.
- Support the vision of the organization to help fulfill short and long term goals
- Work to procure equipment and items necessary for new art projects
- Work with project/account management team to design and create projects deliverables as needed
This position has supervisory responsibilities and will manage the creative team inclusive of graphic designers.
- Develop collaborative structure; daily meetings to review creative assignments and collaborate and ideate. Assign tasks to creative team members and align with account management on deadlines
- Mentor and manage team members, make it fun and goal oriented
- Help on presenting to clients and help build these skills within team
- Understand trends and ensure team members are actively improving and upgrading their skills.
- Help with creative briefs and strategies
- Work with account team and be a creative representative for client interactions when needed
- Participate in the assessment of team members, make recommendations for reviews, hiring, warning, terminations of junior designers