Typical responsibilities of a press and media relations officer include:
- Answering inquiries from the press or other media representatives
- Writing and distributing press releases and news reports
- Developing media contacts
- Monitoring media coverage on company-related topics
- Attending press conferences and media interviews
- Keeping up-to-date with all issues that affect the company or organization
- Moderate Facebook group account and other communities on social media platforms
- Manage post-approval requests, approve the right members, delete spam comments, and keep the conversation flowing
- Plan and moderate a monthly Q&A with Leading experts from the news industry in MENA.
Press and media relations officers must have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong writing skills in both English and Arabic
- Excellent knowledge of the national and regional media
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to work well as a team
- The ability to work using own initiative
- Close attention to detail
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling
- Assist with crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news communications
- Generate, edit, publish and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML)
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- 1-3 years experience working in a Media Relations role or in Public Relations.
- Management experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with strong writing and editorial abilities.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet, wire services, media monitoring software, and other public relation tools.
- Must possess strong project management skills.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment and see a project through to completion.
- Must have the ability to be an influential communications consultant within the organization.
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase the effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills