The Big Picture
We have developed a cloud based SaaS product that has proved successful in the MENA region and Turkey and currently are in the process of acquiring clients from the USA and south east Asia.
We have developed with our technology partners (SilkBytes) a scalable software service that continuously tracks and takes down pirates on different social media and social video platforms. Furthermore, we are developing new products to enable our clients (VODs and global content creators) to create, distribute and monetize their digital media content.
This role will be part of SilkBytes team which is the technology arm for Digisay. As a Tech Lead you will own the engineering side of the business and report directly to the CTO.
- Coach and mentor junior and senior engineers and propagate a culture of constant improvement and learning.
- Organize tech activities around value adding activities to the organization, the product and most importantly the customer
- Enact systematic and methodological decision making in the engineering teams to support strategic and organizational objectives.
- Propagate a culture of open discussions, pooling everyone's ideas, innovation and healthy competitiveness.
- Build, improve and maintain processes to ensure scalable, maintainable and high quality code is being written.
- Build, improve and maintain processes to ensure the running cloud operation is safe, functional and within the planned budget.
- Ensure new technologies/tools are constantly monitored and are evaluated from both engineering and business perspectives.
- Ensure scalable and sustainable decision making regarding development and operations.
- Conscious use of new technologies to accelerate our speed to reach our targets not to follow the “shiny new thing”
- Ensure constant alignment of engineering capabilities whether with overall company strategic directions and objectives.
- Build and maintain an interface with the commercial department to constantly evaluate new ideas for products/services from an engineering and business perspective.
- Drive constant feedback about current product(s) capabilities and methods to constantly improve it.
- Taking care of all the technical aspects of the product. Including the technologies/tools being used, frameworks and architecture.
- Maintain a scalable infrastructure utilizing Amazon AWS services.
- Drive the development into a serversless architecture and maintain the current microservices.
- Engineering experience with the following languages, tools, framework methods:
- PHP frameworks (mostly Laravel)
- Amazon AWS
- Cloud architectures
- Code review
- Design patterns
- Capability to build, improve and maintain processes
- Open and constructive discussion culture.
- Ability to to follow company specific communication protocols and processes and also balance giving constructive and critical feedback of existing processes to improve them.
- Experience in building and running a global SaaS product
- Degree in computer science / engineering.
- Min. 2 years leading a group of at 2-4 engineers in building a product or part of a running product.
We are looking for individuals that are willing to DRIVE teams, innovation and organizations. Individuals that are willing to LEARN and are curious by nature. Individuals with the right ATTITUDE/MINDSET and the willingness to admit when they are wrong. Individuals who are willing to critically think and question everything and who possess this rare quality of trying to solve problems in a scalable manner than just quick fixes. We are looking for someone who adds value to us because we will add value to them.
This job is hybrid (remote+on prem) and/or pure remote.
Duties, tasks and responsibilities may change over time to reflect changes and growth of the company’s state. The company reserves the rights to update the job description in consultation with the employee. All employees are expected to comply with the policies, rules, procedures set by the company.