Our company is one of the biggest MCNs (multi-channel networks) in the Middle East. We gather huge amounts of digital and social media data, which we need to go through, and understand. You will be part of the data science team which is tasked with understanding the underlying factors, which govern and influence this data in order for us to extract insights and deliver data-driven value to our customers.
Education and Experience:
- Sophomore, Junior and Senior Undergraduate students of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering, or any related fields.
- Has Very Good programming, mathematical and statistical background
- (Proof of at least 3 programming, and math courses at the university is needed)
- Has a good academic performance (CGPA > 3.25)
- Being able to commit at least 16 hours/week for working on our data science projects.
- Good written and verbal English language skills
- Has a good background in coding and software development in Python using numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, and Tensorflow/Keras/Pytorch (R, Java, or C++, etc. is a plus)
- Must be able to easily use different integrated development environments (IDE) such as Jupyter Notebook.
- Has a good background in querying relational databases like MySQL
- Has a basic understanding of machine/deep learning concepts and algorithms like supervised/unsupervised learning, Linear Classifiers, Decision Trees, Ensembles, Neural Networks.
- Have the ability to analyze and visualize business data using worksheets and presentations via GSuite (eg. Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets).
- Experience with code version control (eg. Github, GitLab, BitBucket), bug and issue tracking systems (eg. Jira) is a plus.
- Experience with Big Data Platforms like HortonWorks and tools like Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Hive, and HDFS is a plus.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS is a plus.
- Must be a creative thinker, curious, and possess a strong desire to learn.
- Must be an analytical thinker, reliable, team worker and extremely organized (including documentation) .
- Must be detail-oriented, highly accurate and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and stay organized.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating with the team.
- Is interested in building up knowledge in cloud computing, deep learning and big data.
- Follows rules and processes and actively engages in their improvement.
What we offer
- We will offer you the chance to be the core of a new team and work on challenging tasks.
- We will offer you a competitive salary, internet allowance, transportation allowance with bonuses based on performance.
- We will offer you a full-time position during your semester if you prove invaluable for us.
- We will invest in your training and development.
- We will give you a chance to learn and apply big data, and machine learning/deep learning technologies in real-life scenarios.
- We provide a full or partial Work from Home/Work from Office model depending on your preferences and the work needs.
Your daily tasks will be a combination of the following task classes:
Class A Tasks: Doing
- Modeling ML pipelines starting from data collection, data cleaning, training models, evaluation, and visualization using the state-of-the-art methods.
- Speeding up training and prediction times of machine learning models.
- Translating a business problem into a machine learning task by iterating over the cycle of idea, code, and experiments.
- Building appropriate data visualizations and dashboards for business intelligence, and translating statistical data into actionable insights.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using Machine/Deep learning techniques.
- Maintain and extend knowledge of data visualizations and data management.
- Managing large data across a variety of platforms and toolkits.
Class B Tasks: Thinking
- Adopt a clear systematic approach to complex issues (A leads to B leads to C leads to D).
- Analyze relationships between several parts of a problem or situation.
- Explain the influence of our past recommendations and hypothesize the potential impact of future changes.
- Ask a series of probing questions to get to the root of a problem.
- Explore obvious and known avenues thoroughly.
- Get advantage of continuously collected data in advancement of performance of current systems .
Class C Tasks: Learning
- Develop skills and a process to extract actionable behavioral insight from Web Analytics and channel specific datasets.
- Active involvement and interest in the other digital disciplines within the company such as SEO, paid search, paid social, display/programmatic and conversion rate optimization to achieve a singular view on digital marketing.
- Developing statistical learning models for data analysis based on recent scientific research.
- Keeping up-to-date with latest technology trends.
- Making specific changes and improvements to processes or own work to achieve more.
- Taking online courses in the field of advanced data analytics, deep learning, machine learning and AI.